The applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• Graduating the school year 2016-2017 from a High School located in Willowdale/Thornhill
area served by WTPEO, or Living in Willowdale/Thornhill boundary defined in the PDF
through this link: www.willowdalethornhill.peo.on.ca/map.html
• Accepted into a Canadian Accredited Engineering program at university level.
The documents detailed below are required to be considered for this scholarship:
1. Application form filled and signed. The application form is available here --> LINK
2. Proof of admission to a Canadian Accredited Engineering program at university level for the 2016-2017 academic calendar.
3. High School report card, transcripts, or GPA (grade point average).
4. A 600-word original essay written by the student describing his/her personal achievements, academic skills, leadership, volunteer activities, hobbies and interests in Engineering. At least
200-word statement in the essay should describe his/her future plans as a Professional Engineer.
5. Student Evaluation Form signed by the student’s Science or Math High School teacher.
Entry applications can be emailed to: email@example.com under Ref. “PEO Scholarship”
before the deadline of Friday, July 14, 2017. The evaluation form is available here --> LINK
Only complete applications will be evaluated by the WTPEO panel based on: Quality and originality
of essay, academic performance, social involvement, and Engineering interest. The 2017 PEO
Engineering Scholarship winners will be contacted by the end of August 2017. The results will also be
posted on the WTPEO website and a public presentation to recipients will take place in November
2017 (estimated date).
Additional Questions? Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past 2016 WTPEO Scholarship Winners
Justin Borromeo - Bayview Glen School - $1300 Scholarship
Alireza Aghajafari - A.Y Jackson Secondary School - $700 Scholarship
Margaret Tkatcgenko - Vaughan Secondary School - $500 Scholarship