Government Liasion Program (GLP) Committee
Committee Focus: Facilitate strong and on-going relationships between engineers and their members of provincial parliament to support the regulation of professional engineering in the public interest.
Committee Email: email@example.com
GLP Chair : Amin Mali, P.Eng.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Our WT PEO chapter is actively involved in the Willowdale Thornhill community.
- • We are offering engineers’ professional skills and knowledge to advance public regulatory policy. As well, we’re creating dialogue and awareness through our annual Queen’s Park Day, meetings and other events..
- • We organize Take Your MPP to Work Days where we show the work of professional engineers and PEO during a visit to a company in the riding..
- • We plan events, such as Meet your MPP at the riding and Licence Presentation Ceremonies, where MPPs meet with local engineers.
- Goals of the committee:
- • Foster better relationships between engineers and MPPs
- • Increase MPPs’ understanding of PEO’s regulatory role to serve and protect the public
- • Offer unique knowledge and expertise to government before considering new policy direction related to engineering work
- • Ensuring members are well informed of engineering and non-engineering matters to thoroughly comprehend issues pertaining to MPPs
- Should you have any other questions or requests, please contact the GLP Committee for further information.