Committee Focus: Nominates oustanding PEO license holders and EITs for several PEO and external awards.
Committee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards Chair : Mohinder S. Grover, P.Eng (email@example.com)
Committee Specifics :
- The Awards committee works with PEO to recognize accomplishments and service to the engineering profession through awards, recognition programs, and nominations for external awards.
- The Order of Honour recognizes professional engineers and others who have rendered conspcuous service to the the engineering profession, normally through association.
- The Ontario Professional Engineer Awards are presented in partnership with the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE) and recognize professional engineers in Ontario who have made outstanding contributions to their profession and their community.
- The G. Gordon M. Sterling Engineering Intern Award recognizes engineering interns who demonstrate leadership potential within the engineering profession.
- The S.E. Wolfe Thesis Award is presented to the engineer whose thesis was awarded the highest mark of all those presented during the year.
- The V.G. Smith Award is presented to an engineer who achieved the highest examination standing during the year.
- The President's Award recognizes non-engineers who have shown continuous support of, and made significant contributions to, advancing the engineering profession in Ontario.
- In addition to these awards, the PEO Awards Committee nominates outstanding PEO licence holders and EITs for honours and awards given by external agencies either as particularly distinguished professional engineers or as outstanding citizens. One such honour is the Fellows of Engineers Canada, where Engineers Canada recognizes individuals for their noteworthy service to the engineering profession, and bestows the privilege of the use of the designation “Fellow of Engineers Canada”, or FEC.
- All members are encouraged to help PEO recognize a peer with one of the various awards granted by the profession. The Chapter Awards committee is pleased to assist in gaining recognition for any Willowdale-Thornhill PEO member. Please contact the Awards Committee if you know of someone who is worthy of an award.